Senior Director, Recruiting
BarkerGilmore is a boutique executive recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to the placement of General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officers, and their strategic hires. We offer our clients exceptional service, deep knowledge of industry trends, and unrivaled access to impactful leaders.
The Senior Director role is treated as a developmental position on the path towards Managing Director. Do well, and you’ll have the opportunity to advance to a role where you could ultimately be responsible for an industry or functional practice. You could get to that level by successfully executing mid-level search assignments brought into the firm by one of our Managing Directors or Partners, in addition to the other responsibilities of a Director. As part of these mid-level assignments, we’ll need you to oversee the entire search execution process, from candidate identification to client management. Your deep market or functional knowledge and ability to deliver exceptional client service will ensure you quickly become known for your outstanding client satisfaction ratings, placement ratios and market expertise.
Senior Director Responsibilities
- In addition to the responsibilities of a Director, participate with Managing Director or Partner and hiring managers to scope search project by obtaining information about the specifics of the job, including responsibilities, requirements, compensation, company culture, etc.
- Effectively evaluate candidate qualifications by conducting thorough interviews.
- Successfully communicate each candidate’s experience and qualifications for the opportunity, and advise Managing Director or Partner and client on candidate background, expertise and career potential.
- Participate with Managing Director or Partner to present best qualified candidates to the client.
- Work closely with client to ensure interviews are scheduled and confirmed in a timely manner, database is updated and that all HR and/or recruiting-related correspondence are sent to candidates.
- Participate with Managing Director or Partner to negotiate both the selection and offer process including but not limited to, candidate compensation, benefits, relocation, and pre-close of the candidate
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years’ professional experience required.
- An undergraduate degree with strong academic achievement required. JD or MBA desirable.
- Experience as a lawyer, compliance professional, consultant or another professional services discipline preferred.
- Very strong people skills; ability to communicate and connect with high level executive candidates by phone and in person on a long-term basis.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
A competitive compensation package, including base salary and bonus, as well as medical, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing will be provided.
Why not learn more about everything we have to offer? Innovative services, talented colleagues, continuous growth, and clients who are true industry leaders. You will find all this and more when you join our team at BarkerGilmore.