Senior Director, Recruiting
BarkerGilmore is a boutique firm recognized by CEOs, boards, and executives as best-in-class legal and compliance executive search consultants, advisors, and leadership coaches. With a network of advisors and recruiters spanning the United States, BarkerGilmore’s client roster includes leading consumer, energy, financial, healthcare, industrial, and technology companies.
Our niche concentration affords us access to a specialized network of talent, and we have established the relationships that allow us to identify the best legal and compliance professionals for any assignment. We pride ourselves on being able to provide the highest standard of service and on establishing meaningful and long-lasting relationships with our clients.
In this role, you will provide important support to the search process to ensure we execute each client engagement to the very highest standards. We’ll be relying on you to lead the identification of, and communications with, candidates during the search engagement, and to keep Managing Directors and Partners up to speed with how the search is progressing. This position is a highly visible role with excellent career track potential.
- Identify and develop qualified potential candidates by utilizing BarkerGilmore’s internal technologies, research, networks, and relationships. Collaborate with colleagues when appropriate and draw upon full relevant knowledge of resources.
- Initiate contact with candidates via email, the phone, referrals, and LinkedIn. Effectively and persuasively communicate the nature of the opportunity; accurately assess candidate’s qualifications against the approved position specification.
- Interview candidates to define strengths/weaknesses, check references, and verify credentials. Summarize findings and present a comprehensive appraisal of candidates to Managing Director or Partner who is managing the search engagement.
- Possesses the ability to maintain professionalism and integrity while building credibility, trust, and respect with both internal and external clients and customers.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, think beyond traditional methods to exceed client’s expectations.
- Curious by nature; interest in business and industry trends.
- Work on multiple assignments simultaneously, adhering to best practice guidelines.
- Team orientation is required for our collaborative environment.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- An undergraduate degree with strong academic achievement required; J.D. or MBA preferred
- Very strong people skills: ability to communicate, influence, and build rapport with executives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the legal industry is desired.
- Experience recruiting senior executives is a plus.
A competitive compensation package, including base salary and bonuses, as well as medical, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing will be provided.
Why not learn more about everything we have to offer? Innovative services, talented colleagues, continuous growth, and clients who are true industry leaders. You will find all this and more when you join our team at BarkerGilmore.