BarkerGilmore is a boutique executive recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to the placement of General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officers, and their strategic hires. We offer our clients exceptional service, deep knowledge of industry trends, and unrivaled access to impactful leaders.
Matching the right people to the right roles is a complex business. But it’s something we excel at here at BarkerGilmore thanks to our Research Team. Join us and you’ll actively participate in designing our search and business development strategy, from pitch to candidate development. The research you do through a wide range of online resources and over the phone will be invaluable when we create our target lists for vacancies and we’ll always be keen to hear your ideas about potential targets. You’ll have the opportunity to attend client briefings and meetings, and contribute to our propriety market intelligence projects. This is a varied role that allows you to make a real impact.
Candidate and Business Development Research
- Work with Managing Directors and Partners to generate a go-to market strategy including industry, company and candidate ideas to identify professionals and leaders
- Conduct thorough research to study key companies and build accurate, encompassing lists of candidates accurately reflecting client needs
- Utilize search engines, online and printed resources, phone and our proprietary database to effectively locate candidates and company executives
- Conduct initial candidate development, including outreach to passive candidates and pre-screening as needed
- Work on special projects to track industry trends for compensation, organizational structure, and other competitive intelligence that will position the team as experts in the marketplace
- Work with other members of the research team on special projects and help complete time sensitive searches and meet deadlines
- Effectively present key research findings to other members of the team and to clients as needed
- Proactively identify potential new business opportunities
- Attend kick-off meetings and client briefings/meetings when possible
- Coordinate candidate interview and travel arrangements
- Play a vital role in consistently updating our proprietary database with information to better identify relevant candidates and companies
- Assist in developing a best-practices environment for conducting research while investigating new sourcing methods to create innovative search strategies
- Make recommendations for process and technology requirements to help the team operate more efficiently
Skills & Experience
- An undergraduate degree with strong academic achievement required
- Experience in research and/or passive candidate identification and soucing preferred
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Articulate, clear verbal communication skills and strong written communication skills
- PC proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with databases like Zoominfo, HubSpot Avention, Bloomberg, Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, or other related platforms is a plus
A competitive compensation package, including base salary and bonus, as well as medical, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing will be provided.
Why not learn more about everything we have to offer? Innovative services, talented colleagues, continuous growth, and clients who are true industry leaders. You will find all this and more when you join our team at BarkerGilmore.